RDD Center's Safety Protocol
- All medical records will be held in strict confidence by the private RDD Wellness Center to ensure absolute confidentiality and all HIPPA privacy rules will be enforced.
- At all times patients are treated and cared for with compassion, respect and kindness.
- Our physicians are board certified and experienced experts in the field of rapid drug detox.
- Prior to arrival each patient will be properly screened and assessed by our physicians to determine if they are a good candidate for the treatment.
- Patients testing positive for cocaine will not be detoxed. Cocaine use must stop 10 days prior to detox.
- Patients are advised to schedule 7-10 days in advance.
- All questions and concerns will be addressed by knowledgeable medical staff that have many years of experience with our patients and our detoxification program.
- Scheduled patients will receive an information package which includes their guide to making plans and instructions for preparing for their arrival and the detox procedure.
- Payment is "all-inclusive" at $7,800 and payment is required at the time of the pre-detox exam appointment, a deposit is never required.
Day 1: Pre-Detox Evaluations
- Day of pre-exams all patients are seen by our "Board Certified" RDD physician.
- All patients receive a comprehensive pre-exam, complete physical, extensive blood tests, urinalysis, drug screen, EKG, and other testing if deemed necessary.
Day 2: Admittance and Detoxification
- Patients are admitted to our private RDD Unit at our detox facility.
- Patients receive an anesthesia evaluation by our Board Certified Anesthesiologist prior to the patient undergoing the anesthesia detoxification treatment.
- All patients are anesthetized by our "Board Certified" Anesthesiologist, present for the entire detoxification treatment.
- The RDD physician and our Anesthesiologist are present in the Operating Room for the entire detoxification treatment.
- Patients are detoxed and fully monitored, while under light anesthesia, with a slow infusion of FDA approved medications that will remove the opiate drug from the patient's receptors, eliminating the majority of withdrawal.
- Patients are then given an "IM" shot/injection of the non addicting, non narcotic, non opiate "time released" opiate blocker Naltrexone to prevent the reattachment of the opiate, to help with opiate cravings and to ensure their sobriety by blocking ingested opiates from having any effect. This injection will release over time giving the opiate blocking protection for 4 weeks. Naltrexone is "not" Suboxone®, not a replacement opiate and does not cause any withdrawal.
- After the detoxification procedure, the patient is brought out of the anesthesia state and transferred to the RDD post-op recovery room where they will be sedated for 4-6 hours and continue to be monitored by our skilled nursing staff and physicians.
- Post detox procedure care will include "one-on-one" private duty nursing care until stable and ready for discharge.
- Our nurses, medics and our "Board Certified" RDD physician remain with the patient to ensure proper care and expert medical coverage.
- Medications as needed, IV infusions of vitamins and electrolytes are infused post procedure to maintain patient's comfort, replenish nutrients and speed the healing process.
- Patients remain at the facility until stable and are possibly ready for discharge that evening or early the following morning.
Day 3 Post Detoxification
- After discharge from the facility, patients are shuttled to the hotel where they will rest in their own private and comfortable room for a few days of rest and continued observation by our experience medics and our physician.
- Patients will receive 24 hour a day "on site" monitoring and medical care by our experienced RDD medics until final discharge to return home.
- Patients are provided any needed medication to help with sleep, etc.
- An RDD physician will visit each patient daily at the hotel to provide continued care and proper monitoring.
- Our physician is available 24/7 to visit patients at the hotel and address any concerns.
- Patients have access to a licensed "masseuse" for daily massages.
Discharge Treatment Continues
- Prescription for 6-12 months of the non-narcotic opiate blocking medication Naltrexone to help with cravings and block opiates.
- 24/7 access to knowledgeable medical staff.
- RDD provides access to non-addicting medication if patient needs something for comfort, sleep, appetite, energy, etc. Medications can be called into the patient's local USA pharmacy for 30-45 days, if needed.
- If desired, the Naltrexone Injection can be repeated monthly for up to a year. The injection can be sent to the patient for their physician or a nurse to administer.
- Our patients have access to a licensed therapist and who does phone therapy for patients wanting more convenient, comfortable and private "at home" therapy sessions for as long as desired.