- All HIPAA privacy rules are enforced and medical records are held in the strictest confidence by the private RDD Wellness Center.
- At all times patients are treated and cared for with compassion, respect and kindness.
- Our physicians are board certified and experienced experts in the field of rapid drug detox.
- Prior to arrival each patient is properly screened and assessed by our physicians to determine if they are a good candidate and meet the criteria for the treatment.
- Patients testing positive for cocaine will not be detoxed. Cocaine use must stop 10 days prior to detox.
- Patients are advised to schedule 7-10 days in advance.
- All questions and concerns are addressed by knowledgeable medical staff that have many years of experience with our patients and our detoxification program.
- Scheduled patients receive an informational package which includes a guide for making plans and instructions to prepare for arrival and the detox procedure.
- Payment is “all-inclusive” at $7,900 and is required at the time of the pre-detox exam appointment. A $1,500 non-refundable deposit is required 10 days prior to arrival.
Day 1: Pre-Detox Evaluations
- Day of pre-exams, patients are seen by our “Board Certified” RDD physician.
- All patients receive a comprehensive pre-exam which includes a complete physical, extensive blood tests, urinalysis, drug screen, EKG, and other testing if deemed necessary.
Day 2: Admittance and Detoxification
- Patients are admitted to our private RDD Unit at our detox facility.
- Patients receive an anesthesia evaluation by our Board Certified Anesthesiologist prior to undergoing the anesthesia detoxification treatment.
- All patients are anesthetized by our “Board Certified” Anesthesiologist who is present for the entire detoxification treatment.
- The RDD physician and our Anesthesiologist are present in the Operating Room for the entire detoxification treatment.
- Patients are detoxed and fully monitored while under light anesthesia with a slow infusion of FDA approved medications that remove the opiate drug from the patient’s receptors, eliminating the majority of withdrawal.
- After the detoxification procedure, the patient is brought out of the anesthesia state and transferred to the RDD post-op recovery room and sedated for 4-6 hours as they continue to be monitored by our skilled nursing staff and physicians.
- Post detox procedure care includes “one-on-one” private duty nursing care until stable and ready for discharge.
- Our nurses, medics and our “Board Certified” RDD physician remain with the patient to ensure proper care and expert medical treatment.
- Medications as needed, IV infusions of vitamins and electrolytes are infused post procedure to maintain patient’s comfort, replenish nutrients and speed the healing process.
- Patients remain at the facility until stable and are possibly ready for discharge that evening or early the following morning.
Day 3: Post Detoxification
- After discharge from the facility, patients are shuttled to the hotel where they rest in their own private and comfortable room for a few days and under continued observation by our experienced medics and our physician.
- Patients will receive 24 hour a day “on site” monitoring and medical care by our skilled RDD medics until final discharge to return home.
- Patients are provided any needed medication to help with sleep, etc.
- An RDD physician visits each patient daily at the hotel to provide continued care and proper monitoring.
- Our physician is available 24/7 to visit patients at the hotel and address any concerns.
- Patients have access to a licensed “masseuse” for daily massages.
Discharge Treatment Continues
- RDD prescribes a prescription for 6-12 months of the non-narcotic opiate blocking medication Naltrexone to help with cravings and block opiates.
- Continued 24/7 access to knowledgeable medical staff.
- RDD provides access to non-addicting medication if patient needs something for comfort, sleep, appetite, energy, etc. Medications are called into the patient’s local USA pharmacy for 30-45 days, if needed.
Our patients have access to a licensed therapist who does phone therapy for patients wanting a more convenient, comfortable and private “at home” therapy sessions for as long as desired.